7 Organic Foods That Are Good for Teeth
Proper nutrition implies having a well-balanced diet so that the body can benefit from the nutrients and achieve wellness and good health.
The organic foods always happen to be good for the overall health. This is simply because they are devoid of all kinds pesticides that are sprayed on crops on a regular basis. But many of you are not aware of the fact that eating organic foods are also great for your teeth.
The organic foods are enriched with vitamins and minerals that are great for your chompers. There are many non-organic foods that are forced to grow at a more rapid pace by the artificial fertilizers.
Don’t get fooled by the appearance as the non-organic foods can appear more perfect and bigger.
As far as oral health is concerned, you really are what you eat and that is why you should stick to organic foods as much as you can. Your oral health is one of the first tings to decline when you are diet is less than ideal.
So take more of these organic foods mentioned below so that you can maintain a great oral health. Take a look.
- Organic Dairy Products – Calcium is not only essential for your bones, but they are great for the teeth as well. Tooth decay can be the result of lack of calcium as this mineral is essential for the maintenance of teeth structure. Calcium not only contributes to the process of remineralization of the teeth by replacing the minerals, but it also strengthens the teeth.
The dairy products like cheese, yoghurt etc are full of calcium. But make sure that you choose the right products unlike the conventional ones like those filled with antibiotics, hormones and other chemicals. So it is crucial that you choose the organic ones.
The organic milk contains more vitamins and minerals than the non-organic milk. The organically reared cows consume natural diet and thus provide more milk that is beneficial for your bones and teeth.
- Organic Apples – Apples are not just beneficial for the overall health but also for the teeth. Though it is recommended that you should stay away from sweet fruits, but apple is an exception to that. The apples are high in water and fibres. But ensure that you have organic apples as the non-organic ones are rich in pesticides and do you more harm than any good. The action of eating the fruit produces saliva that rinses away food particles and bacteria. The gums are also stimulated by the fibrous texture of the fruit. Though eating apples are not so useful as brushing the teeth but it can help to keep the mouth considerably clean until you brush.
- Organic Celery – To keep bacteria at bay from your mouth you should actually choose celery. The organic celery is loaded with the various perks for the betterment of your health. As you have more organic celery your saliva is produced in the mouth that also prevents the production of plaque. So, if you have to brush the teeth naturally opt for celery every day. Just ensure that you have organic celery so that you can make the most of the benefits that it has to offer.
- Organic Leafy Greens – Leafy greens almost always find their way into the list of healthy foods. They are high in minerals and vitamins and low in calories. The leafy greens like the Swiss chord, spinach, kale and collard greens are all great for keeping your teeth healthy. The vitamins and the antioxidants found in these powerful veggies combat the cavities while also serving as a source of calcium to keep the teeth strong. All you have to do is to try to stick to as much organic products as possible to achieve the maximum benefits. If you are not a fan of green veggies, you should add them to your salad and try your pizza with kale strewn all over it or enjoy your smoothies with some greens.
- Organic Nuts – If you want to keep your mouth healthy it is a must to consume nuts. You can choose from walnuts, cashews and almonds. Your teeth can benefit a lot from the variety of minerals and vitamins contained in organic nuts. Moreover, the chewing that is required for breaking down the nuts actually boosts the production of saliva that keeps the mouth clean and healthy.
The nuts that are organically grown are also rich in proteins and omega-3 fatty acids that support the healthy gums. And are great for the vegans and vegetarians who do not get much of these as they do not consume animal proteins. Though the nuts are healthy, but they are high in fat. So you should consume in limited amounts.
- Organic Onions – Though the stinky breath is a concern but the benefits that organically grown onions offer are remarkable. They naturally cleanse the mouth and the body by eliminating the harmful bacteria. This actually prevents the decay of the teeth by kicking away bacteria.
- Organic Avocado – Avocados are low-carb plants and their flesh is full of prebiotic fibres that stimulate healthy digestion. They are rich in vitamin E, K, C, B5, B6, folate and potassium with a small quantity of magnesium and manganese, iron, copper, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin A, B3 (Niacin), B2 (Riboflavin), B1 (Thiamine) as well as proteins. So apart from fibres, avocados also contain healthy fatty acids that can keep you fuller for a longer period of time. They maintain healthy blood pressure. Avocados are also essential for working with vitamins and calcium to keep your teeth healthier and enamel stronger.
The above are some of the most beneficial organic foods that are great for the teeth. You should try to include them in your regular diet. Apart from these, you should also consult with the dentist nearby to find out whether there are other beneficial organic food ingredients that can further enrich your diet and help you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile of your dreams.
Sawoni Chowdhury is an aficionado of writing. She is an expert writer and blogger and shares her views and opinions on a range of topics such as Lifestyle, Business, Entertainment and lot more. She will help you to find the best dentist nearby you.