Benefits of Hemp CBD Oil for Dogs, Cats, Horses & Other Pets
Having pets at home, like dogs, cats and horses, can be a delightful experience for a person. They run around the house, they jump up at you all the time and they also welcome you in their own unique manner when you return home after a hectic day at work. However, if you notice your pets suffering from some health problem, it will naturally make you feel very sad. You will want to run to a vet and try to get proper medications to cure the ailment and see your pets running around once again. It is good to note that pharmaceutical medicines do come with side effects, which can often make your pet feel weak even if cured.
A suitable alternative is to use CBD oil as cited at from the SimplyPet website. This comes in many different varieties including tinctures, treats or edibles, topicals, pills or capsules and dog paw balm. Each of which have a different use and purpose so be sure to find the right product for what your ailing pet needs.
About CBD Oil & Cannabis Treats for Pets
Cannabidiol or CBD is a compound that is extracted from the hemp plant. In fact, it happens to be one of the 113 active compounds or cannabinoids that are found in cannabis or hemp plant. This may make most of you think that CBD has psychoactive properties. Thankfully, it does not! CBD has no psychoactive properties and it will not make you feel “high” after you have it. On the other hand, THC is the compound that is rich in psychoactive properties. Cannabidiol has several health benefits due to which it is used for medicinal and therapeutic purposes. CBD is extremely safe and has no toxicity level. This means that it is practically incapable of causing any type of overdose.
Health Benefits of CBD Oil for Dogs, Cats & Horses
As discussed above, there are multiple health benefits of CBD oil for both cats and dogs. Some of the major health benefits are listed below for your information. Be sure to do your own due diligence and own research to be sure it is the right fit for you and your dog or cat.
- Pain Reliever: Whether you have aging pets or young ones, physical pains are quite common for them. Aging pets suffer from joint aches and stiffness and young ones suffer from aches due to over exertion of muscles. CBD oil can act as a great pain reliever. When you administer CBD to your pet, it starts off by stopping the absorption of anandamide temporarily. This chemical helps to dampen any pain signal in the human brain. Once the level of anandamide increases, it gives rise to several effects, one of which is reduced pain sensations. CBD also helps to reduce inflammation.
- Anticonvulsant: Amongst the various medicinal uses of CBD, one of the most popular uses is its ability to control seizures tics, spasms, and tremors. Studies have proved that CBD is a natural anticonvulsant. There have also been studies that prove that CBD can easily manage spasticity that is caused by several sclerosis. It can also effectively manage tremors and tics that are caused by Tourette’s syndrome.
- Anti-Inflammatory: There are several types of inflammation that may happen in your body. These cause different levels of pain. One of the primary features of CBD is its ability to reduce inflammation. This is also one of those reasons that has made CBD widely accepted for treating several types of health conditions. The anti-inflammatory effects of CBD is said to be linked to its natural ability of interacting with different receptors in the immune cells. CBD interacts with CB2 receptors located inside the immune cells. Due to this, CBD is able to give rise to various types of immune responses, one of which is fighting inflammation.
- Fights Stress and Anxiety: It is good for you to know that CBD is not just effective in dealing with physical problems. It can also fight against various types of mental conditions that also includes anxiety. You will be surprised to know that pets can easily suffer from various types of anxiety-related problems like their human owners. They can also suffer from stress and sometimes specific types of phobias. Some of the most common forms of anxiety found in dogs include travel anxiety, separation anxiety, and noise anxiety. Some of the common symptoms of anxiety in dogs are chewing shoes or furniture or rubbish, persistent barking, tremors, defecating or urinating, and aggression.
- Antiemetic: Dogs and cats may vomit or feel nauseated due to some specific health condition or due to some sort of medications or treatments. It happens to be a very common symptom. These symptoms may give rise to various other serious symptoms such as rapid weight loss, loss of appetite, fatigue, and dehydration. There are several medications in the market that can cause these symptoms in cats and dogs as a side effect. On the other hand, there have been tests and studies that have claimed that CBD is rather successful as an antiemetic. It effectively controls vomiting and nausea, while boosting appetite at the same time. There have also been tests that claim that CBD is much better as an antiemetic than most of the modern medications. It does not have any side effects and is absolutely safe and natural.