The Most Important Factors When You Are Looking for A Laminate Floor
Buying and maintaining property in Australia is getting costlier than ever. If you are not a property owner yet, you better make a good investment plan soon. One of the key factors when buying property, whether for business or private use, is the floor.
Naturally, you want great looking floors that perfectly complement your overall décor. But the problem is not choosing the right kind or even having them established. The problem lies in maintaining them. This is where laminate floors are such a lifesaver.
What Is a Laminate Floor?
To put it simply, a laminate floor is any stretch of flooring with a laminate covering on it. It’s like your office Id card. Only here, the lamination has been done on the floor. And just like the laminate on your Id card, the laminate on your floor will prevent all kinds of damage.
However, laminate floors do have certain drawbacks associated with them as well. You should also keep those in mind when deciding. So, with the basics out of the way, let us dive into what makes laminate floors great and what you need to be aware of.
Benefits and Drawbacks of a Laminate Floor
- Installation Time and Cost: Laminate floors can be installed very quickly. Depending upon the size of your property, laminate floor can be installed quite fast. The reason for this is that most laminate floors come with a locking mechanism. So, all that is needed is putting the pieces together in the right order. However, the manufacturing quality matters a lot here. If the locks are not perfectly aligned, it can leave gaps where dirt and water can seep through. Also, if some pieces are forced into place, then the laminate layer can rise up and let dust and water in.
- Durability: One of the best parts about a laminate floor is that it is one of the most durable kinds of flooring available in the market right now. They also come with very large warranties which can go as high as 10 years. However, you need to make sure your laminate floor does not get damaged too much because you cannot have it reworked. Damaged laminate floors can only be replaced.
- Looks: Laminate floors come in many varieties. You can get them in stone finish, wood finish and other natural looks. So, you can still get that coveted hardwood look without the maintenance hassle. However, you need to be sure that the boards are installed in the right order to correctly reproduce a natural look. Otherwise, you can be sure people will notice the fault.
- Moisture Resistance: Laminate flooring is great for areas where there is a good amount of moisture. If they are installed in the right way, laminate floors have a rather good resistance to moisture and last you a long while. However, in the case you have a water leak or other reason for pooled water, then these floors will not stand the test.
- Feel and Use: Laminated floors have a reputation for being very comfortable to walk and stand on. However, since the floor is covered with a layer, it can also be dangerously slippery. To avoid any accidents, consider choosing a laminate flooring manufacturer offering slip resistant products.
Laminate floors really are a great solution for a lot of problems. Their combination of properties makes them ideal for low-maintenance households and businesses not willing to spend too much time and money on flooring. But you need to be aware of the manufacturer and installer to get the best out of your laminate floors. So, keep that in mind before you invest!