Promoting Healthy Diet for the Kids
Parents are very particular about the health and welfare of their kids. And one of the most important factors when it comes to the health of the kids is the food they eat.
Children are picky eaters. It is a known fact as well as it is known to be one of the biggest challenges for parents especially mommies. However, you are left with no choice if you wish to keep your kids healthy and strong.
Here are some guidelines and tips to help you promote a healthy diet for your kids. Well, it’s not really a strict diet like adult’s diet but more like watching what they eat as well as the portion of their food.
- Prepare the best breakfast for your kid – breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it is the same for kids. It is recommended that you prepare them healthy breakfast with nutritious elements like fruits. Be careful with buying processed cereals since many contain higher levels of sugar and salt. It is best that you personally prepare their breakfast with foods like eggs, healthy yogurt, fruits, milk, and baked beans. Practice them to eat breakfast daily no matter what the circumstances are.
- Make sure to include dairy and calcium in the diet – dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt bring lots of nourishment for the kids. These foods provide calcium, protein, and different types of vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin B12 and minerals. Therefore, make it a point that you include dairy products in their diet. However, you should control their intake of chocolate and sweets to control their sugar level to avoid getting fat or obese.
- Encourage them to eat the right types of food – always give them healthier options. For example, during snack time, give them fruits instead of chips and other junk foods. Also, try to choose organic and healthier ingredients when preparing food for them.
- Talk about the benefits of eating healthy – it is also good to talk to your kids about the benefits of eating healthy. They might start asking about why they usually eat vegetables while other kids always eat bacon and fries. Explain to them that you are giving them healthier options so they will grow up stronger, taller, and wiser. Once they learned about the benefits, things will be clearer to them.
- Never use the word diet – we’ve been talking about diet here but it is not good to explain this to your kid as “diet”. You should just explain to them that you are teaching them to eat healthier for them to grow up fast, strong, and healthy. Do not impose the word diet on them and do not be conscious about their weight to avoid them growing up to be vain and weight-conscious. The important thing is their health, not necessarily their weight.
It is important that you guide them always most especially during early stages of their life as they develop their preferences, especially with food. This will help them form their habits. In addition, you should make sure to give them Combantrin chocolate squares, to fight threadworm, roundworm, and hookworm that can be hindrances in their growth and healthy nutrition. The chocolate flavor is recommendable since kids prefer to eat or drink chocolate.