Top Natural Home Remedies For Neuropathy
What Is Neuropathy?
Neuropathy is a disorder that happens when sensory nerves, peripheral nerves and spinal cord are diseased or damaged.
The hands and feet are most commonly affected, but other parts of the body such as arms, legs, neck, shoulder and thighs can be too.
What Causes Neuropathy?
Hundreds of studies have shown that damages in the nerves may be the main cause of this problem.
Neuropathy also can be caused by other reasons, including:
- Vitamin deficiency, especially vitamin B, B1, B12 and vitamin E
- Viral and bacterial infections (like Hepatitis C virus, Chlamydia and HIV/AIDS)
- Nerves injuries
- Exposure to poisons.
- Poor lifestyle habits such as excessive smoking and drinking too much alcohol
In addition, people who have already suffered from diabetes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, and cancer may be at higher risk of developing neuropathy than others.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Neuropathy
Burning pain in hands or feet is one of the most common symptoms of this condition. Other signs of neuropathy are:
- Tingling, prickling or numbness in your toes, fingers, hands and feet. Patients generally notice these sensations in other parts of the body such as arms and legs.
- Having a hypersensitive skin that is painful to touch.
- Loss of coordination.
Fortunately, there are numerous home remedies that can be effective at getting rid of neuropathy fast.
Home remedies for neuropathy
Here are the top natural treatments for neuropathy
Lavender oil is one of the most effective ways for removing this conditions due to its natural pain-killing properties.
Moreover, this essential oil contains powerful anti-inflammatory property which can help reduce irritation and inflammation in the nerves.
The calming scent of this oil is also useful to relax you and eliminate anxiety attacks naturally as well.
- Take 3-4 drops of lavender oil in your palm
- Rub your hands together until the oil become warm
- Gently massage the affected area for 3-5 minutes
- Repeat this home remedy for 2 – 3 times until your symptoms disappear
This is also considered one of the simplest methods to get rid of neuropathy safely and fast. Packed with anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties, rosemary oil is extremely effective at eliminating the painful feeling immediately and reducing the frequency of muscle spasms.
Plus, this oil also can help support your body resistance as well as your respiratory system.
- Place 3-4 drops of the oil on your affected area
- Gently massage for at least 5 – 7 minutes
- Use this treatment 2 – 3 times a day to get the best results
For centuries, peppermint has been used so widely because of its medical benefits. It provides natural pain relief due to natural anti-inflammatory properties and healing power. In addition, this herb can help improves the functioning of the cardiovascular system, thus carrying more blood and oxygen to the muscle. As a result, you will feel less painful.
- All you need to do is drinking a cup of peppermint tea daily.
- Or you can rub some crushed mint leaves and place it on your affected area. Repeat this natural remedy twice a day until you feel better
We all know that vitamin deficiency is one of the main reasons leading to neuropathy. Packed with vitamin C, B and B1, broccoli is good for people who are experiencing this condition.
Regular consumption of this vegetables can help speed up the recovery of your nerves, improve your immune system and fight against infection as well.
Due to its high content of vitamin C, broccoli is also useful to prevent inflammation.
Eating more broccoli as part of a healthy diet may help you get rid of neuropathy naturally.
Hundreds of studies have shown that banana is one of the most nutritious fruits in the world. This is a good source of vitamin B6, which can help rapidly alleviate symptoms of neuropathy. Consuming one to two bananas everyday is the simplest way to reduce nerve pain felt in the limb area, resulting in getting rid of neuropathy gradually.
For centuries, food has been known as a good natural medicine. If you are suffering neuropathy, mushroom is worth considering.
Packed with Vitamin B9, mushroom helps muscle growth and produce hemoglobin, thus reducing the pressure on the peripheral nerves. In addition, with the high concentration of vitamin B, this food can help speed up the recovery of damaged nerves and improve your muscular strength and body composition as well.
Many studies have suggested that oatmeal is one of the top home remedies for neuropathy. Due to the high content of glycemic, it will help boost your circulation and improve nerve regeneration in the peripheral nervous system.
If you are experiencing diabetes, regular consumption of oatmeal is also useful to lower your blood sugar.
You should eat oatmeal 4 – 5 times a day until you notice a difference.
Tomato is rich in many nutrients, so it is extremely popular all over the world.
It is a good source of vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin B6 and B9 which may be extremely necessary for healthy nerve functions.
You can include tomatoes in your daily diet to get rid of neuropathy naturally and quickly.
Alternatively, you also make homemade tomato juice and consume a glass of this solution daily to get the best results.
For centuries, massage is one of the oldest and perhaps the most effective home remedies for neuropathy. Massage can help you reduce feeling painful fast, and keep your mind healthy as well.
Do not hesitate to try this natural treatment to remove neuropathy. Whenever you decide to give yourself an at-home massage, use of massage oils can help you get the best results.
- Put 3-4 drops of massage oil in your palm and rub your hands together to make the oil warmer.
- Apply your hands on the affected area and gently massage
- Repeat this treatment twice a day