Know the Not So Talked About Aspects and Benefits of Using Rugs for Floor
There is much more than style and comfort that most people use rugs for floor, especially if it is a hardwood floor. Apart from the obvious ones, here are a few ‘not so talked about’ benefits of rugs for floor.
- One of the most significant benefits is that it will grab the attention of visitors or guests and they will surely appreciate your choice of decor. There are different types and textures, colors and brands of such rugs available that will match perfectly with your interior decor to add a new meaning to it.
- Especially if you live in an apartment then you must use rugs for floor preferably in the specific areas of your house which receives high foot traffic. This will help you to reduce the noise or the sound produced and will not disturb people leaving below your floor.
- If you have to do some housework standing for long hours, then it will cause strain in your leg muscles. If you use rugs on the floor, then you can significantly prevent your legs from feeling fatigued or experiencing any pain in the knees and feet.
- Sometimes, rugs work and help on the opposite. This means the color and type of rug will provide you with a starting point to buy furniture for your house and help you make quick decision while shopping for the same.
- When you use rugs for floor it will also absorb the sounds in the air and reduces the echo in the room significantly. The surface of the rugs being soft will trap the sound waves in its fabric and eliminate reverberations thus reducing echo.
- Comfort is one important benefit of suing rugs on the floor. Being lot softer than the hardwood material it will not cause any strain on the innumerable nerves that end inside your feet. This will not only provide you with a lot of comfort but will also prevent you from different ailments as well, no matter how surprising it may sound to you.
- You will pat yourself on the back for using rugs on the floor especially on those cold, chilly winter days and nights. Rugs provide warmth due to the high insulating value of the fabric used and the pad under it. You will feel warm walking on your basement floors as well which is known to be downright cold.
Rugs for floor also help to trap and keep the allergens away. It may sound a bit counter-intuitive, that fact that it can trap allergens can actually have positive effects. Several recent studies show that rugs are beneficial to keep the allergens out of the air by trapping it in their fabric thereby keeping you and your family away from allergens and other breathing problems.
Places to use of Rugs
Rugs can be a great addition to your rooms given their varied design elements and lots of benefits. You will get one for your need in every style and therefore you can use it anywhere. You can use a square patterned large rug in the living room to make it an elegant and strong focal point or a long runner in the hallways, circular variants in smaller spaces to complement with the design or under the worktable in your office.
However, you may consider the area of using rugs for floor based on the material that is used to make it such as:
- Use a rug made from wool for high traffic areas for its durability and functionality
- A cotton rug if you want it machine washed
- A microfiber if you need to protect it from wear and tear
- A silk rug if you want a luxurious material for comfort only and not durability.
No matter want you choose or wherever you use rugs for floor, it will provide you with the optimal value in money as well as in benefits.