Things to do in Dubai
From shopping in the world’s largest mall to bowing down in the largest mosque to diving along with sharks, Dubai has outshined the set benchmark. Find out what it has got for you.
Want to stay in the 7-star hotel? Or soak in the sun? Or gobble the food from all over the world? Or take a cruise for the trip? Or skydive over a man-made island? Hit the city of gold and glory, Dubai. This place is your dream, literally!
You must have heard of things from Dubai that are impressive but unbelievable. Well, this city needs to be seen to be believed. At one side it is a cosmopolitan city of luxurious malls, record-breaking architecture and hair-raising adventures, while on another it stores the charm of traditions, heritage and history.
It’s impossible to let out all things to do in Dubai in one shot. But we have managed to compile the best of all here.
Buy tickets for Burj Khalifa
‘Do come at Burj Khalifa’- such a cliche line yet incredible moment every time! When a person even applies a request for Dubai visa, the first thought that hits his mind is to desperately run and see the tallest structure and building in the world. Topped out in 2009, this has been dominating the Dubai’s skyline and people’s heart from then.
- Indulge in a scrumptious meal at Atmosphere Restaurant, on the 122nd floor.
- Check out the panoramic views of Dubai from the tallest observation deck, on the 124th floor.
- Travel in the world’s fastest elevators at speed of 64 km/h.
- It has the world’s highest swimming pool on the 76th floor.
Visit Dubai Mall
One of the iconic shopping places of the world, the largest mall, and the most-visited retail market, Dubai Mall is the shopper’s paradise. You name the brand and you get it here. Either you want to redefine your style or steal the celebrity’s look, this is the fashion capital in Dubai. Located in the prestigious Downtown Dubai, spread in 3 million square feet and attracting over 80 million people every year, one can do a plethora of activities here.
- Buy every single piece of attire from over 200 branded outlets.
- Observe the fascinating marine life in Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, and also submerge with them.
- Let your kids roll and role-play at KidZania.
- Watch the magnificent Dubai Fountain dancing to the soothing rhythm of joy.
- Skit and slid at the Olympic size ice rink.
- Slip down the region’s tallest slide.
- Sit and chill in the front VIP seats at the Platinum Cinema Suites.
Book Desert Safari with Dinner
This is exciting- exploring Dubai from a different yet enthralling perspective. Desert Safari is undoubtedly a majestic experience. You have the action-oriented dune bashing and also you have the pleasant camel riding. This package is worth every penny.
- Prepare yourself for a strong dune bashing in the 4*4 land cruiser.
- Stop to watch the mesmerizing sunset.
- Straddle the camels and admire the beauty around.
- Have fun on sand boarding and quad biking.
- Join the Bedouin camp to experience the traditional side of the city.
- Be a spectator to the gracious belly dancing and Tanoura show.
- Get henna designing, Arabian costume photography and shisha smoking.
- Have the tastiest barbecue dinner.
Set your foot into the Palm Jumeirah
A tree-shaped artificial island that boasts beautiful 5-star hotels, posh apartments, luxury villas and exquisite restaurants, Palm Jumeirah is set to make your day fantastic. The archipelago is huge where the outer crescent is almost 7 miles long. Do not hop from one place to another on foot, rather take the cheap taxis.
- Eat, swim, play, slide at the most recognisable landmark, Atlantis The Palm.
- Splash the fun at Aquaventure Waterpark.
- Enjoy the underwater thrills at the Lost Chambers Aquarium, where you can snorkel or dive through lagoons.
- Devour into boozy brunch.
- Explore the calm waters and paddle around the Palm.
- For the adrenaline rush, try the freefall at the premium Palm Dropzone.
Travel to Old Dubai
Step into the Old Dubai that is set away from the glitz and glamour of the new city and has famous souks, winding waterways, and museums. Dubai has grown from the pearl and fishing city but still manages to hold the ancient vibe in this side of the city. It is the heart and soul of Dubai.
- Glide along the Dubai Creek in the Dhow cruise and revel in the scenes, dinner and entertainment.
- Buy the jewellery at the cheapest price by haggling at the Gold Souks.
- Find every kind of spices in the spice souks.
- Learn the history of the city at the well-preserved traditional Arabian village, Dubai Heritage Village and Dubai Museum.
- Taste the authentic cuisine like Shawarma, Camel Burger, Arabian tea and Al Machboos.
Explore Dubai Marina
One of the liveliest and upmarket neighbourhoods in the city is Dubai Marina. If you have got one day to spend in Dubai and are confused about where to start, this is the manifestation of the entire luxuries here. Comprising the serene canals, Jumeirah Beach Road and poised skyscraper, this place is the highlight of the trip.
- Stroll on the JBR and you can be guest to an array of things from the colurful shops and al fresco dining to swimming pools.
- Cruise around on a spacious vessel that drives every hour, and be wowed by each spectacle.
- Try something daring by flying on the zip-line over the Marina.
- Spend your leisure family time at Dubai Marina Mall.
Other interesting things to do in Dubai:
- Unleash your inner child at the world’s biggest indoor theme park on the planet, IMG Worlds of Adventure.
- Visit the photographic Jumeirah Mosque.
- Hop on and hop off on a 2-3 hour city tour on Big Bus.
- Play volleyball, show watersport skills or grab a smoothie at Kite Beach.
- Take a ride on the newest waterway Dubai Canal.
- Drop by the architecture marvel Dubai Opera, shaped as dhow cruise.
- Do flyboarding and unravel the limitless possibilities of water.
- 1,2 3 and bungee jump in the Gravity Zone.
- Watch your favourite characters come to life at Dubai Parks and Resorts.
You might stay for a month in Dubai and still have something left to do. This city’s style of tourism is overwhelming. What are you waiting for- get your Dubai visa and escape to this fairytale.